The benefits of SurSol™
All SurSol™ products are tested and certified to kill 99.99% of bacteria and viruses including: Coronavirus & RNA Enveloped Viruses
Made in the UK, certified to BS EN 1500, BS EN 1276, EN 14476 and ASTM E2315 standards. SurSol™ are trusted products and are supplied into the NHS.
- SurSol™ products are alcohol free! In testing they have been proven to be more effective than alcohol-based products.
- SurSol™ products are ideal for use in educational, religious and BAME communities.
- SurSol™ hand sanitiser does not dry skin out & is suitable for frequent use. Unlike alcohol gels which can irritate the skin & cause dermatitis with prolonged use. It contains natural moisturisers (aloe vera & camomile) included in the formulation.
- SurSol™ hand sanitiser remains active on the skin and kills for up to 4 hours without reapplication.
- SurSol™ products are water based and non-poisonous.
How is SurSol different from alcohol-based products?
Alcohol is what is called a flash sanitising product and works against germs when wet (which is within 15 seconds) as soon as it dries out it STOPS WORKING. It has no residual germ-killing effect. Once alcohol has evaporated the germ-killing action stops. It is extremely effective for flash/immediate disinfection. Repeated and regular disinfection is required.
Extended use of alcohol sanitizers and extensive washing of the hands has been shown to lead to Irritable Contact Dermatitis (ICD). 85% of health care workers suffer from some form of ICD. As result up to 80% of health care workers in some settings do not apply a sanitizer as often as required by Infection Control. The British Medical Journal (BMJ) recommends the use of skin cleansers that do not de-fat skin or contain harsh abrasives. Most alcohol gels have at least 60% alcohol content and will de-fat skin with every use. ICD is now recognised as an occupational hazard for healthcare workers.